I have recently become an ardent 'Nutella' fan. I look forward to having it with toasted bread, or in my shake or in cold coffees. Even sometimes, I have the urge to have a spoonful of it by itself, licking the spoon to polish it off any trace of it. I know it is not all good, but sometimes I really want to indulge myself with whatever I like. For a long time I had set my eyes of these brownies and finally I did bake them. In this festive season when everyone seems to be on baking high, when the blogging world seems to be flooded with baking recipes, I simply couldn't resist myself baking one. Just to make sure I do not end up eating all by myself, I shared them with a few people at work, and the way they came to thank me for these delicious brownies, I knew it was a hit.
I have tweaked the original recipe to lower the fat ingredients and also to suit it to my taste. Without much ado let check the recipe:Adapted from: US Masala
(Click here for the printable version of the recipe)
200 gm Nutella
1 cup AP Flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup low fat yoghurt
1/3 cup oil, I used sun flower oil
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dry toasted chopped hazelnuts
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp instant coffee powder
a pinch of salt.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and dust a 9X9 inch square pan. Heat Nutella in a microwave safe bowl till it is runny in consistency.
2. Shift all the dry ingredients. Add nuts to it and stir.
3. In another bowl, whisk oil and milk. Add yogurt and sugar and whisk for another minute. To it add Nutella and vanilla extract and stir again. Pour it into the dry ingredient mixture and stir till well incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it at 180C for 25-30 minutes, till the top looks done ans skewer inserted comes clean.
5. After 30 minutes, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before taking them out. Slice and serve them warm with vanilla ice cream for that ultimate treat!
Linking it to Suma's Cookie Fest, Bake Fest #2 started by Vardhini hosted by Sangeeta of Spicy Treats,
Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!