If you have been a regular reader of my blog, you must know I have a weakness for Brownies. I have already posted a couple of brownie recipes here: Chocolate Brownies, Nutella Brownies, One Bowl Egg less Brownies. My all time favorite of all these recipes is the first one. However, it is a cake like brownie. I was looking for a nice fudge brownie recipe and looks like I have got a great recipe. I can vouch for this one, it is a simple recipe, no fancy ingredients and the results are awesome. If you love brownies you have to try this.
Egg less Chocolate Fudge Brownies
1 cup AP Flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter minus 2 tbsp, soft or melted at room temperature.
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup +2 tbsp yogurt
About 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup chopped chocolate or choco chips, I used milk chocolate.
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 175 C and line a 9x9inch brownie pan with parchment paper. Brush it with a little butter.
2. Shift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk butter, yogurt and vanilla together till well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches and stir. Add water in batches till you get a condensed milk like consistency. Stir in the chopped chocolates.
5. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared tin and bake it for 35 minutes. A skewer inserted in the middle of the brownie will come out clean.
6. Let it cool down at least for 2 hours before slicing. You will get neat slices then.
7. Enjoy it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce.
- I have made this brownie a couple of times. First time I sliced it in just half an hour of cooling. The brownies didn't come out in neat slices. So, I make a point to bake it a day ahead for best results. Ideally, bake it in the evening, let it rest the whole night and have it next day.
- Do not skip adding chopped chocolates or choco chips, the melted chocolate adds another layer of taste and the gooey chocolate taste is awesome.
I am writing this post from India. I wanted to post this brownie recipe earlier but due to time constraint and last minutes tiny tasks, I wasn't able to. While I am in India, I might not be able to update this space as much as I like. Still, I will try to update this space whenever I can. Thank you for stopping by! Cheers!