Wednesday, May 30, 2012
For Egg less Bakes this month Gayathri chose this Banana Muffin recipe. The recipe had eggs and all bakers had to try out the egg less version. As I have already tried a variation of banana muffin, I decided to play with the flavors. So, I added some cocoa powder and some choco chips and for a healthier option used whole wheat flour and oil. The muffins came out very moist and the flavour of banana was not very over powering.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1large banana mashed
3/8 cup sugar
4 tbsp oil
1tsp lemon juice
4 tbsp choco chips
3 tbsp yogurt
3 tbsp water
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients and set aside. Coat the choco chips with 2 tbsp of the flour mixture.
2. Preheat the oven at 175 C. Line a six hole muffin pan.
3. Make a hole in the centre of the flour mixture and add the mashed banana, oil, yoghurt and water and mix with a whisk. Add lemon juice and choco chips and stir with a spatula. The batter is not runny but of whipped cream consistency.
4. Bake at 175 C for 12-15 minutes till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!