|Eggless Molten Lava Chocolate Cake #Recipe|
Eggless Molten Lava Chocolate Cake is a perfect dessert to please your valentine. A warm chocolate cake that oozes chocolate lava - ah, pure bliss.
February is associated with love often and why not when Valentine's day falls in this month. We are not valentines-day-kind-couple and do not fuss over it too much. The only thing I like to do on this day is to bake a special cake. When it comes to cakes, DH, who is otherwise an ardent chocoholic, loves vanilla flavoured ones and I prefer chocolate! So, I am still in a dilemma what to make but I have my eyes on this one, maybe I can combine vanilla and chocolate in one!
I made this molten lava cake a few days back when I was craving for a chocolatey dessert. Paired with a scoop of vanilla, it was awesome. If you want to make something simple yet delicious, try this simple recipe this Valentine's Day.
I first came across this recipe while watching Master Chef India. I didn't make a note of it at that time but later found the video on you-tube. I have tweaked the recipe a bit and have halved the recipe to yield 2 servings.
Eggless Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
2 tbsp cocoa flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp chocolate chopped.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
1. Grease 2 ramekins and dust it with flour.
2. Sieve the flour. baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together and set aside.
3. Mix butter, sugar, yoghurt and vanilla extract, till well incorporated.
4. Now add the flour mixture into the butter mixture half at a time. Add milk and whisk to get a smooth batter.
5. Fill the ramekins a little less than half and place the chopped chocolates in the middle of the batter equally. Now cover it with the remaining batter, filling it a little lower than the brim. I still had some batter left and I poured it into a small greased ramekin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 13-15 minutes.
7. After removing it from oven, wait for 10 minutes and let it cool, run a knife around the edges of the ramekins and invert it on a plate. Chocolate lava will ooze out! Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Do not be too generous with chocolate, otherwise, you will end up with too much of lava and the cake will not come out of the ramekin. I had done that when I had baked it for the first time :-)!
Linking it to Srivalli's Chocolate Mela, Vardhini's Sweet Love, Sizzling Tastebuds' Valentine Fest Served with love, Valentine day special at Annzcafe and Radhika's Lets Cook - Sweet Something
Thank you for stopping by! Cheers!